Tools and supplies needed:
- Protective eye wear or safety goggles
- Heavy cloth or leather gloves
- Measuring tape
- Package of DumaWall panels
- Hand saw/circular saw
- 1-inch wood screws
- Adhesive – Loctite Power Grab Ultimate. In Canada: Lepage No More Nails Wet Instant Grab, finish nails or staples.
- Sealant for wet environments-DAP Kwik Seal Ultra. In Canada: Kwick Seal Plus
- Utility knife
Read this entire installation guide before beginning your installation. ACP is not responsible and will not be held liable for project failures if installation guidelines are not followed.
DumaWall panels are not intended to be attached to raw concrete, poured concrete walls or concrete block basement walls. Appropriate substrates in a dry environment would include framed walls with existing tile, drywall, cement board, OSB, or plywood. DumaWall panels must be attached to structures that comply with your local building codes and have incorporated appropriate moisture abatement measures.
FOR SHOWER, TUB OR DIRECT WATER ENVIRONMENTS. Although DumaWall tiles are 100% waterproof when used with DAP Kwik Seal Ultra in the seams, we recommend you follow your local building codes for wet environments like shower and tub enclosures. We recommend a 100% waterproof substrate that will prevent water from getting behind potentially unsealed areas that would cause mold or other damage.
Acceptable waterproof substrates are:
- Existing ceramic tile walls. No additional preparation required.
- Installation over waterproof substrates, such as Cement Board®, Schluter Kerdi Board®, GP Densheild®, Johns Manville GoBoard®, Hardiebacker®, Fiberock® and equivalent products. Always follow manufacturer’s installation instructions to create a waterproof enclosure.
FOR BACKSPLASH, LAUNDRY OR OTHER DAMP ENVIRONMENTS. Although DumaWall tiles are 100% waterproof when used with DAP Kwik Seal Ultra in the seams, we recommend a moisture-resistant substrate for damp environments like kitchen backsplash, bathrooms or laundry areas. Use a moisture-resistant drywall such as Greenboard® or Purpleboard®. Follow manufacturer’s directions and your local building codes.
ACP, LLC is not responsible or liable for any labor costs or damaged product incurred as a result of improper installation. All product defects are covered under our 5-year limited warranty.
Due to manufacturing variations, we cannot guarantee an exact color match from lot to lot. Prior to installing DumaWall panels and trims on your walls, please unpackage & lay out all purchased product to ensure color consistency. If you encounter unreasonable color variation, please give us a call at 1-800-434-3750 (7am-4:30pm CST, M-F) so that we may assist you with your project.