Tools and supplies needed:
- Protective eye wear or safety goggles
- Heavy cloth or leather gloves
- Measuring tape
- Package of DumaWall panels
- Hand saw/circular saw
- 1-inch wood screws
- Adhesive – Loctite Power Grab Ultimate. In Canada: Lepage No More Nails Wet Instant Grab, finish nails or staples.
- Sealant for wet environments-DAP Kwik Seal Ultra. In Canada: Kwick Seal Plus
- Utility knife
- Optional: 5/16-inch aluminum trims for vertical termination points
Read this entire installation guide before beginning your installation. ACP is not responsible and will not be held liable for project failures if installation guidelines are not followed.
DumaWall panels are not intended to be attached to raw concrete, poured concrete walls or concrete block basement walls. Appropriate substrates in a dry environment would include framed walls with existing tile, drywall, cement board, OSB, or plywood. DumaWall panels must be attached to structures that comply with your local building codes and have incorporated appropriate moisture abatement measures.
In a wet environment, such as a tub or shower area, you can use Green board (water-resistant drywall), Hardiebacker®, Tile backer board, Cement board, Go Board, Kerdiboard®, Durock®, DensSheild®, Fiberock®, Permabase®, Wonder board®, and Schluter®.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN INSTALLATION:
Determine Tile Layout
We recommend you perform a “dry layout” prior to applying any adhesive. Our recommended layout for the typical 60” wide by 30” shower surround is to center panels in the first or second row on each wall of the surround.
DumaWall tiles can be installed with an orientation horizontally or vertically, either stacked or subway as shown in the following images: